Saturday, February 11, 2012

TOTALLY AWESOME WEEK!!!

Hey Aggies What's totally awesome?!  It's Ya Aggie, Ya manz, Ya big bro: T.J.
Coming at you with another post!!!
These past couple of days have been almost crazy because I've felt like I'm living my dream. Believe it or not I've been in a recording session, rehearsals everyday, all culminating to a "Totally Awesome 80's Concert" I have never felt so much like a performer in this week a lone I have learned a lot. ONe of the many things I've learned is that even when you live the life of a musician you still have to be able to maintain everything else in your daily life such as, school, work, maintaining new years resolutions, etc. (and yes I still check those resolutions =). It's been a great week but hey you know there is never a dull moment with me Ya Boy! The concert highlighted songs from such 80's performers as STYX, Journey, George Michaels, Phil Collins, etc. This included all of USU's Caine college of the Arts Vocal ensembles, University Chorale, Women's Ensemble, & Chamber Singers.
Performing in the concert was an awesome experience for me. One of my favorite parts of the performance was any number where I was able to slap my tambourine around (which was basically the whole concert lol) One thing I would change about the concert is the amount of people that showed up. There was a lot of other events going on this past Friday around the same time as the concert such as the Black Student Union's Soul Food Dinner, Opening Night of the Vagina Monologues, and a Hockey game. To add, one of the coolest things about the concert is that it was FREE FOR USU STUDENTS!!! Throughout any semester there are shows, concerts, museum exhibit, etc. that you get into just because you are a student. I don't know about you, but that comes in handy when I need a date idea ;-) jk lol I personally advocate for the Arts and believe that while your here at USU you should expose yourself to the Arts it is great for a well rounded collegiate experience.
Anyways I hope all is well with you all until next time

Be Encouraged!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment